I write this afternoon shortly after completing the recording for an edition of the Corinium Radio Breakfast Club, to be broadcast in just under two weeks.
No one wanted to get up and present a live breakfast show for three days in a row, so I volunteered to produce a programme which would look back over the last (almost) 4 years of community broadcasting in the Cirencester area.
The two hour programme, sponsored by the Cirencester Scene Magazine, will be broadcast between 8 and 10 in the morning, on Friday November 27 2009, and will be hosted by myself. The programme will feature music tracks from artists like Aztec Camera, Queen, Take That and Fiction Factory. In addition, there will be a number of ‘re-plays’ of interviews from previous broadcasts, including:
- Andrew Tubb, CEO at Cirencester Town Council (first broadcast July 2009).
- Terry Turner, Stratton Drama Group (first broadcast June 2008).
- Ian Palmer, Stratton House Hotel (first broadcast November 2008).
- Aileen Calvert, Mayor of Cirencester early 1990s (first broadcast July 2009).
- Corinium Guitar Ensemble (first broadcast November 2008).
A full running order will appear on this website soon after the broadcast.
The image used shows one of the studios used to control BBC Arabic Radio (its the radio studio image I wanted!), and was created by Flickr user Stuart Pinfold. It has been used under a Creative Commons license.