I was back on 1Radio this afternoon for my first show in a couple of months.
As I wrote yesterday, I chose to make today’s show a special Classical Music edition of the programme… just right for a Sunday lunchtime!
Thanks to all today’s listeners, especially Westy, Maybe and Espy who joined me in the ShoutBox.
I’ve still got a couple of weeks before I go back to uni, so might try to get in a couple more shows before then.
- The Kronos Quartet – Music of Vladymir Martynov
- Handel/The English Concert – Alla Hornpipe from Watermusic Suite
- Barber/The Emerson String Quartet – Adaigo for Strings Op11-2 Molto Adaigo
- Saint-Saens/Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra – Carnival of the Animals V: The Elephant
- Albinoni/Stuttgart Kammerorchesta – Concerto for 2 Oboes & Strings in C Major, Op. 7/11: I. Allegro
- JSBach/The New Symphony Orchestra of London – Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, BWV645
- Wolfgang Amudeus Mozart – Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, 1st Movement
- Chopin/Frederic Lodeon – Cello Sonata in G minor, Op65 2nd movement: Scherzo
- Sir Edward Elgar – Chanson de Matin
- Vivaldi/Capella Istropolitana – Concerto for 4 Violins in B Major, Op3, No10, RV580, III Allegro
- Haydn/The English Concert – Violin Concerto in C, H VIIIa No1 – 3 Finale (Presto)
- Bach/London Symphony Orchestra – Violin Concerto No2 in E Major, BWV 1042 (iii Allegro Assai)
- Grainger/Keith Brion (Conductor) – Irish Tune from County Derry
- Hummell/Norweigan Chamber Orchestra – Trumpet Concerto In E Flat, III: Rondo
- George Frederic Handel – Arrival of the Queen of Sheebah