Here in Cheltenham, its race week. Just before lunchtime, Cheltenham starts to get busy. There are MILLIONS of buses running special services to the race course. It appears that some of the buses have been lent to the local authorities by bus companies in neighboring counties.
Once everyone starts leaving the races, Cheltenham at night during race week is rather entertaining. I walked through it on the way to and from the Tone studio. Many race-goers, it appears, go down the pub, and have a drink. Then they have another, followed by a few more. I’m not sure whether the police presence (on foot, on horses, in cars, or large groups in vans) is reassuring to me, or whether it reminds me of what could happen… 😐
Anyway… My show.
It went well tonight.
I was making it up as I went along. I stupidly left all my notes in the halls. However, I managed to talk about everything on my notes without them in front of me, as I’d not long written them before I left for the studio, and could still remember what I’d written down.
I’m looking forward to the new Tone studio being opened – hopefully I’ll be in there using ENCO DAD next week.
- Bauhaus – Kick in the Eye
- The Eagles – Hotel California
- Annie Lennox – Shining Light
- Procal Harum – Whiter Shade of Pale
- The Beatles – Yesterday
- Elbow – Way Down in the Hole (Theme from “The Wire”)
- Boston – More than A Feeling
- Sloval Chamber Orchestra; Benjamin Britten – Simple Symphony for String Orchestra, Op4 I Boisterous Bourree
- Eddy Mitchell – Je Chante Pour Ceux Qui Ont Le Blues
- Bobby Vee – Run to Him
- Elvis Presley – One Broken Heart for Sale
- Bruce Springsteen – Roll of the Dice
- J.S.Bach; The New Symphony Orchestra of London – Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, BWV645
- The Rolling Stones – It’s Only Rock & Roll (But I Like It)
- The Four Tops; The Supremes – River Deep Mountain High
- Jimmy Young – The Man from Laramie
- Jimmy Young – Unchained Melody
- Μιχάλης Δημητριάδης – Μα Εσύ Είσαι Αλλού
- La Roux – Bulletproof
- Red Simpson – Hello, I’m A Truck
- Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett – It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere
- Sir Edward Elgar – Chanson de Matin
- Tina Turner – What’s Love Got To Do With It
- Billy Cotton and His Band – Friends & Neighbours
- Queen – You’re My Best Friend
- Paul McCartney – Brown Eyed Handsome Man
- Joseph Haydn; The English Concert; Trevor Pinnock – Violin Concerto in C, H, VIIIa No1 – 3 Finale (Presto)
- James Taylor & Mark Knopfler – Sailing to Philadelphia
- Van Morrison – Moondance