Another good show tonight – 2 hours of my favourite music and my take on the week’s events.
During last night’s show, we learned that…
- My glasses are now broken, the lens popped out whilst I was putting my headphones on at the beginning of the show. Perhaps if I’d have been wearing them properly, they wouldn’t have broken.
- The Christmas tree in the kitchen in my halls of residence is still standing, three weeks after 12th night.
- No work will start on the Leaning Tower of Big Ben until 2020 at the earliest.
- Whilst UK media reported on an Earthquake in Ireland, there was also an Earthquake in Greece a few hours later, 5,3 on the Richter scale and with an epicenter South of Santorini, it was felt most strongly in Irakleio but could also be felt in the Κυκλάδες, Δωδεκάνησα and Πελοπόννησος (Kyklades, Dodecanese and Peleponnese). No English language media appears to have reported on this story.
- Sir Jimmy Young was on Radio 2 this week, in the ‘Sir Jimmy Young at 90‘ programme which was originally broadcast in September 2011. He has a good radio voice, as does Kate Adie who presents From Our Own Correspondant on BBC Radio 4.
- Top Gear returns this week! On Wednesday DIY SOS comes to my home town of Cirencester, whilst over on ITV there’s a new series of Midsomer Murders. On Friday night, there’s a documentary about the Cutty Sark which is due to be re-opened to the public by the Queen in the Spring.
- Labour MP Tom Watson has been in the news again this week for something that happened on Twitter.
- Queen – These Are the Days Of Our Lives
- Bob Marley – Is This Love
- Take That – What Do You Want From Me?
- Matt Monro – On Days Like These
- Lionel Richie – Penny Lover
- The Beatles – Day Tripper
- Bob Dylan – It Ain’t Me Babe
- Sir Jimmy Young – The Man from Laramie
- Jessie J – I Wanna Dance with Somebody
- Altered Images – See Those Eyes
- The Rolling Stones – Beat of Burden
- The Hollies – Carrie Anne
- Peter Frampton – Show Me The Way
- ABBA – The Name of the Game
- Spandau Ballet – True
- The Comodores – Just to Be Close To You
- Rumer – Slow
- Don McLean – It Doesn’t Matter Any More
- Mark Knopfler – Praire Wedding
- Νίκος Καρβέλας – Ποτέ Μην Λες Ποτέ
- Bruce Springsteen – The Big Muddy
- Vera Lynn – The White Cliffs of Dover
- Lady Antebellum – Hello World
- Jim Capaldi – Love Hurts
- Johnny Hallyday – J’ai Rêvé de Nous
- Michael Jackson – Give In To Me