This week I returned to Internet station 1Radio and did my first live shows since I left for uni in September.
I’ve been doing the odd pre-recorded show, but doing live ones hasn’t been practical with my main computer – the one which I use to do live broadcasts – being in Cheltenham. Until now: a couple of weeks ago I moved it back home to Cirencester.
Today: I did 2 hours in the morning as part of 1Radio’s Best of British Weekender. Each day has a theme, and today was ‘1950s-1970s’, so to meet this requirement all my music was by British artists and all released between 1950 and 1979.
Have a listen, and let me know what you think.
- The Stargazers – Broken Wings
- Jimmy Young – Angel On My Shoulder
- Gerry Rafferty – Baker Street
- Peter & Gordon – A World Without Love
- Nick Drake – Saturday Sun
- Jeff Beck – I Ain’t Superstitious
- The Real Thing – You To Me Are Everything
- Teddy Johnson & Pearl Carr – Sing Little Birdie
- T. Rex – Teenage Dream
- Billy Fury – Halfway to Paradise
- Paul McCartney – No Other Baby
- Queen – Somebody to Love
- The Rolling Stones – It’s Only Rock & Roll (But I Like It)
- Slade – Mama Weer All Crazee Now
- Joe Cocker – With A Little Help From My Friends
- The Beatles – A Hard Day’s Night
- The Kinks – Waterloo Sunset
- The Dire Straits – Lady Writer
- Steve Harley – Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)
- Manfred Mann – Sha La La
- Squeeze – Up the Junction
- The Shadows – Foot Tapper
- The Yardbirds – Happenin’ Ten Years Time Ago
- The Animals – The House of the Rising Sun
- Engelbert Humperdinck – Release Me
- Rod Stewart – Sailing
- Peter Sellers – Any Old Iron
- Tommy Steele – Flash, Bang, Wallop
- Pink Floyd – Another Brick In the Wall (Part II)