On Saturday evening I was on air with my own live show on Corinium Radio – Music from the Decades returned.
In previous years I’ve done a 2 hour evening show, but as this time we were only on air for 2 days I only did 1 hour.
The show went well – I had a little bit of help from Cameron and Mark; they were setting up for all the live musicians and were able to talk about that for a bit.
Mark liked my music choices too, and told me to tell the listeners my age (for the record, I’m 19 and will be 20 in December).
I was quite pleased with my selection of music for this show. Normally I stick to mainstream and throw in something a little bit unusual, and for this show I looked more at the unusual songs.
Unfortunately the recording sounds like its coming down a telephone cable, so I’m not going to upload it; music doesn’t work with that sort of sound quality. Instead, I’m going to play all these tracks again on my 1Radio show tomorrow morning (Thursday 5 July) from 10.
- Gotye – Somebody That I Used To Know
- 10000 Maniacs – These Are the Days
- Jake Owen – Wide Awake
- Charlie Landsborough – Imagine
- Billy Cotton and His Band – Friends & Neighbours
- Γιάννης Πλούταρχος – Πες Μου Γιατί Μελαγχολείς
- Emily Smith – May Colven
- George Strait – Blue Clear Sky
- Coldplay – Speed of Sound
- London Symphony Orchestra/Bach – Violin Concerto No2 in E Major, BWV 1042 (iii Allegro Assai)
- Peter Sellers – Any Old Iron
- Red Simpson – Hello, I’m A Truck
- Teddy Johnson & Pearl Carr – Sing Little Birdie
- Robbie Williams – You Know Me