At the end of my first week back at university, I was back on Tone Radio last night.
It was the usual stuff basically – 2 hours of my favourite music and my take on the week’s events.
During the show, we learned that:
- In SEM2 I will have to produce a ‘Feature Documentary’ in one of the modules I’m studying this semester, and that I would be aiming at a ‘Radio 4‘ style of production. (The Archers made a good music bed while I was discussing this)!
- I prefer the Greek name for the Turkish capital (Κωνσταντινούπολη) than the English/Turkish (Istanbul).
- Friday’s weather forecast was missing from the BBC website when I looked it up before the show.
- A Countdown contestant made a naughty word out of some of the letters earlier this week. If I tell you that the word is “w****r”, you might get it. I have considered saying on air that the Greek translation of what he said is Μαλάκας (swearing in Greek is easier than in English, because it doesn’t feel wrong), but I avoided it at the last second.
- Sir Fred Goodwin may loose his knighthood – I suggested they give it to me instead, making me ‘Sir Frederick Hart’, which I think fits rather well.
- A student has sent a rejection letter to the University of Oxford, which I thought was rather clever!
- I can sometimes press the wrong button and accidentally play the next record instead of my music bed.
- Constrictor snakes can sense the hearbeats of their victims and release them only when the heart stops. I didn’t like the picture of the snake on the web page and left it quickly.
- AND… a teacher from India accidentally became a billionaire this week, due to an error made by the bank.
You can listen again to the whole programme, by pressing the play button below. Don’t forget to tune in next Thursday night: 8 – 10 on Tone Radio. To contact me at any time between now and then, e-mail me email@example.com, tweet me @FredOnTheRadio or go to Facebook.com/FredOnTheRadio.
- The Kaiser Chiefs – My Kind of Guy
- The Swinging Blue Jeans – The Hippy Hippy Shake
- Westlife – Lighthouse
- Blondie – Heart of Glass
- Neil Diamond – Stones
- Robbie Williams – Strong
- Gerry Rafferty – Baker Street
- Lionel Richie – Stuck On You
- 10000 Maniacs – These Are The Days
- Μαρινέλλα – Σταλιά Σταλιά
- Connie Francis – Lipstick On Your Collar
- Southside Johnny and the Ashbury Jukes – It’s Been A Long Time
- Bob Dylan – Mr. Tambourine Man
- Steve Harley – I Can’t Even Touch You
- The Brand New Heavies – Keep Together
- Rumer – Moon River
- The Doobie Brothers – Long Train Runnin’
- The Killers – Human
- Squeeze – Last Time Forever
- Bauhaus – Kick In the Eye
- Madonna – Shoo-Bee-Doo
- The Rolling Stones – Happy
- Boris Gardiner – I Wanna Wake Up With You
- Junior Walker and the All Stars – Walk In the Night
- Ich und Ich – So Soll Es Bleiben
- Wilson Pickett – Hey Jude
- Lady Antebellum – Our Kind Of Love