So still no sign of flights getting back to normal. All these problems have arisen because of a volcanic ash cloud drifting over much of Europe from Iceland. Airspace closures are no longer limited to Northern Europe either now.
Here in the UK, NATS have extended the airspace closures to 0600 GMT (0700 BST) on Sunday morning.
So, to sum up, here’s a list of the countries effected:
AIRSPACE COMPLETELY CLOSED:
- Czech Republic
- Republic of Ireland
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
AIRSPACE PARTIALLY CLOSED:
- Belarus (between 23000ft and 36000ft)
- Croatia (Northern airspace)
- France (Northern airspace)
- Italy (Northern airspace)
- Lithuania (decision to fly rests with individual companies)
- Norway (limited flights in the North)
AIRSPACE OPEN – FLIGHTS OPERATING: