We’re now heading into the last week of October (remember – clocks go back next week), and Friday was my last day at college for the term.
I managed to get lots done over the last few weeks… written my personal statement for inclusion in my UCAS application, researched universities and on Friday, I completed my application! It will now be checked by the college, before being sent on to UCAS.
All the courses I’ve chosen are part of the Skillset Media Academy group, which means the qualification I get at the end will be recognized more by employers.
The courses I have chosen are as follows (in no particular order):
- The University of Gloucestershire: Radio Production – The advantage of this one is that it doesn’t take place too far from home so I can still live here in Cirencester. There are opportunities to get involved with the student radio station and other local radio projects.
- The University of Gloucestershire: Journalism – The advantage of this one is that it doesn’t take place too far from home so I can still live here in Cirencester. There are opportunities to get involved with the student radio station and other local radio projects.
- University of Salford: Journalism & Broadcasting – The advantage of this is that its in the city (Manchester) and so transport should be good, and things will be nearby. It will be based at MediaCityUK as of Sept 2011, in a building located very near where the BBC will base themselves, as of Sept 2011, and I believe there will be links to the BBC and other media groups based nearby.
- University of Glamorgan: Radio – Again, not too far from home (although I would have to pay to get over the bridge into Wales). Has links with local radio stations.
- Southampton Solent University: Journalism: BJTC accredited, and another one with good facilities.
I’ll have to wait a couple of weeks before I hear anything more from the unis. For this week, I’m going to do absolutely nothing. Except perhaps the write up for a Music Tech assignment.