What a show! I did a live programme in the Corinium Radio with hundreds of specially invited guests in the room next door, which was quite scary.
The whole idea of the New Studio Launch Party was an opportunity for past and present Corinium Radio volunteers to network, and we also invited on some friends of the station as well.
I have to say that I was extremely nervous on the night, the prospect of doing a show with all those people next door was a scary one (most people who know me know how I avoid large crowds at all costs, including those at family gatherings).
Listening to the programme back for the first time just now, I think that my nervousness didn’t come across on air as much as I thought it had!
I enjoyed doing the programme once I got in to it, playing my own unique selection of music, and hearing from lots of different guests.
I got Geoff and Cameron to help out with the interviews, because I’m not too confident with those – especially when I don’t knowwho will be the next person to walk through the door with 1 minute of the track remaining, leaving me with little or no time to plan!
We heard from Andy Lichnowski, Mayor of Cirencester, Lady She of She Unique, Cllr Joe Harris, Cllr Peter Braidwood, Cllr Roly Hughes, former Corinium Radio presenter Joanna Palmer, Jenny Jarvis, new Corinium Radio presenter Carole, Ethemia and Liz Young, Chair of Corinium Radio.
Have a listen to the programme, and let me know what you think. email@example.com. Tracklist below as well.
- The Mavericks – Dance the Night Away
- Jools Holland and His Rhythm and Blues Orchestra with Prince Buster – Enjoy Yourself (Its Later Than You Think)
- Interview with Geoff Carr
- Jamie Smith’s Mabon – Lady of the Woods
- Shania Twain – That Don’t Impress Me Much
- Cameron interviews Andy Lichnowski, Mayor of Cirencester
- The Scissor Sisters – Fire with Fire
- Gram Parsons – The Streets of Baltimore
- Geoff interviews Cllr Roly Hughes
- Glen Campbell – Rinestone Cowboy
- Cameron interviews Lady She of She Unique
- Γιάννης Πλούταρχος – 24 Ώρες
- Lonesome Cowboy – The Broken Spoke
- Geoff interviews Jenny Jarvis (Macmillan Trust)
- The Beatles – Nowhere Man
- Cameron interviews Cllr Peter Braidwood
- The Byrds – Mr. Tambourine Man
- The Verve – Bitter Sweet Symphony
- C.W. Stoneking – Walking In New Orleans
- Camerin interviews Cllr Joe Harris
- Charles Mingus – Boogie Stop Shuffle
- Bobby Darin – Beyond the Sea
- Cameron interviews Joanna and Jonathan
- Ray Charles – Busted
- Die Prinzen – Millionaer
- Cameron interviews Carole
- Jimmy Young – The Man from Laramie
- Nik Kershaw – Wouldn’t It Be Good
- Red Simpson – Hello, I’m A Truck
- Cameron interviews Ethemia
- A final word from Liz Young, Chair of Corinium Radio
- Bert Jansch – Travelling Man
See you on the radio again soon.